KhanaPakana Brand Coconut Shredded (Narial) 2LB
Coconut is a very versatile and indispensable fruit for most people under the tropical belt. It is one of the most sought-after ingredients in the kitchen. Coconut can be grated thinly or thickly using a grater as required by the recipe. Thickly grated can be used to make sauce or just simply added to vegetables during saute. Thinly grated apple can be added to beverage or in salad.
Country Of Origin: Product of USA
Product Weight: 2 LBS (0.9 KG)
Storage Instructions: Coconuts can be stored for months in cool, dry, and humid-free place.
Health Benefits of Coconut:
- Coconut is a tropical fruit that is rich in protein.
- The meat of the coconut is very good in destroying intestinal parasites that we get from eating infected food.
- The coconut water/juice is a nutritious refreshing drink especially for those people with kidney and urinary bladder problems. Coconut juice is highly alkaline.
- Coconut water is rich in potassium too.
- Coconut milk from the mature coconut is used to make Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Coconut meat contains lots of fat, saturated hence advisable to be had in moderate quantities.
- Coconut Spread is a very innovative spread and versatile. It is made by grinding the dried flesh of mature coconuts. Because the meat of the coconut is so high in oils, the result is a delicious thick paste, very similar to sesame tahini and it is shelf stable.
- Sliced or chopped coconut can be added to preparations like wadas, sambhar etc to enhance its taste.
- Grated coconut forms the basis of South Indian cooking to make gravies, curries etc.
- Coconut is shredded or flaked for use in baked goods or candies.
- Coconut milk, cream, water etc are use in recipes as flavor enhancers.
- Coconut can be used to make chutneys, podis, sweets like pongal, barfi etc.
Customers also viewed