Fig (Anjeer) is a natural dry fruit which grows on flowering plant. Its plant relates to Mulberry family. Its history shows that Fig is one of the oldest plant cultivated by humans. Fig is now cultivated all over the world but it is specifically native to Middle East and Western Asia. Afghani Fig is very famous in Asian regions. In Pakistan, peoples prefer to eat Afghani Fig on other. Afghani Fig is cultivated in Afghanistan, Pakistan and some other regions.
Fig cultivated all over the world in not obtained in dry form. It is fresh fruit which is then dried in Sunlight or in other drying processes. After it dries, it becomes a dry and sweet fruit which is full of essential nutrition.
Contents of Fig:
Fig has several natural elements which are very healthy. It is full of minerals, vitamin A, B1, B2, calcium, iron, phosphorus, manganese, sodium, potassium, chlorine, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
Afghani Fig Benefits:
Fig is extremely beneficial for health. It is full of several essential elements which improves health and treats different problems. All over the world, it is considered as a very beneficial dry fruit for health and that’s why it is an expensive fruit. We have sorted out some main and most important benefits of Fig for health which are as follows:
- Fig is full of Potassium, Iron, Calcium and Fiber
- It is used as a diuretic or laxative for several medicinal purposes
- For weight loss, heart disease patients, throat problems, diabetic patients, stomach problems and hypertensive patients, Fig is very effective fruit
- Fig is considered as the best remedial fruit for Piles
- Fig treats Asthma and prevents weakness, macular degeneration, calcium loss and high cholesterol level
- Fig has large amount of dietary fibers which improves digestion and relieves Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Fig contains Alkaline which limits and controls the acid level of the body
- It improves blood circulation and controls blood pressure. Additionally, it is loaded with phenol antioxidants, which free radicals
- Calcium in it gives strength to bones and Iron in it prevents iron deficiency from the body
- Fig has natural sugar in it which is best for diabetics
- Magnesium maintains good cardiovascular system and Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids in it prevent coronary heart diseases.
- Application of Acne on Skin reduces acne form the skin.
Culinary Uses of Fig:
Fig is used in different ways in different cuisines all over the world. Some of the famous uses of Fig are as follows:
- Fig can be eaten or cooked after washing them in cool water, removing the stem and drying it. It will make it easy for you to digest because its dry Fig is tough.
- Figs, especially Dried Figs can be eaten directly or can be used in recipes.
- It can be dipped in water or juice to make it plumper and juicier
- Topping of Figs on ice cream, yoghurt or desserts gives an amazing experience
- Dried Figs can be used with some other dry fruits like dates, dried apricots, etc.
- For making Dry Figs a little soft or moist, you can soaked them
- Figs can be dried by keeping them in Microwave for 10-15 seconds
- Dried Figs can be added in oatmeal or whole grain breakfast porridge
- Figs are used in Cakes, Custards or Jams as a sweetener.
- It can be used as a natural sweetener in different sweet dishes or desserts
Full of mineral, vitamins and iron
Country Of Origin: Product of USA
Product Weight: 1 LB (0.45 KG)
Storage Instructions: Keep in Cool & Dry Place